The 2017 Volunteer Application is now closed!
Please review the 2017 Work Exchange program requirements below.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Hanuman's brave and selfless leap across the Himalayas to serve Rama illustrates sheer devotion: his commitment and unconditional love enabled him to do the impossible. When devotion resides in the heart, one feels empowered, confident and capable of accomplishing anything.
It's with that same devotion that we hope our Work-exchange Team Members play a crucial role in providing an organized and pleasurable event for all. Join the Hanuman Festival Work Exchange Team and work behind the scenes! Team members will get to attend yoga classes, inspiring speaker series, attend some musical events, and enjoy the uplifting energy of the festival in exchange for a commitment of 15 hours of work and a nominal fee.
Here is What you Can Expect From Us:
- The opportunity to be a part of the Hanuman Festival Team, representing Boulder, Colorado's critically acclaimed Yoga and Music festival! You will be surrounded by like minded yogis and yoginis, and directly contribute to the success, mood, and meaning of the festival. You will meet and mingle with people who share your passion for yoga, music, health, being active and outdoors, and being joyful!!
- Work exchange team members will have the opportunity to take classes from world class yoga instructors and go see concerts from incredible musicians in the yoga scene! Work exchange team members Receive an all Access Space Available Pass to ALL Yoga events for the entire weekend!!!
- The opportunity to give back in the spirit of SEVA (selfless service) and make an impact through the power of community.
- See the whole event unfold from behind the scenes!
- Recognition for the above and beyond service you provide.
- The opportunity to create new friends and connections in the yoga and music scene of Boulder, the nation, and the world.
Here is What We Expect From You:
- Work Exchange Team Members need to be available from Monday, June 12th through Monday, June 19th, 2017.
- As a team member you will be required to work 15 hours doing festival production tasks. This will be spread out over 7 days so you can participate in a lot of the festival.
- There will be an additional MANDATORY orientation meeting (not included in the 15 hours) for the team on the morning of June 12th.
- There is a $75 non-refundable deposit (for new volunteers) or $25 (for veteran volunteers), to become a work exchange team member. This fee reserves your space on the team as well as providing t-shirts and administration fees. Just think, you can enjoy an entire weekend of incredible yoga for a nominal fee of $75!
- The team will be created through a rolling admissions process, meaning people will be constantly added to the team until all positions have been filled. Individuals will be chosen based on prior experience, availability, skill and enthusiasm.
- Team members are responsible for their own housing, meals and transportation. (FYI: there is no camping in the City of Boulder or on festival grounds.)
Hanuman Work Exchange Veterans:
- Your previous experience with this festival is so valuable to us! We would love to have you back on our team in 2017!!
- Your non-refundable deposit is only $25!
- If you are interested in returning as a Project Leader and taking on more responsibility this year, the opportunities are endless.
- Fill out the below application completely, and you will receive further information.
Do You Live Within 30 miles of Boulder, would like to volunteer, but cannot commit to the entire 7 days and 15 hours???
- Please fill out the application below, when it asks "can you commit?" Answer-NO and Please explain why and suggest what you could do instead.
- If you are interested in pre-festival work exchange trade: please note this here and outline what specific interests and skills you would like to utilize pre-festival.
- Complete the entire application form answering the questions as honestly as possible, we do not want you to answer the questions the way you think we want them to be answered. We want to get to know you, so we can do our best job placing you.
- Do this soon, as assignment preferences are considered based on your skills and then on a first come first serve basis. We will do our best to accommodate your assignment requests.